Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Well, hello again....

Almost six and a half years ago, I published my last post on my old blog to mark our Golden Wedding Anniversary. Although there were still 18 months of our roving retirement to go, somehow it felt like I'd said everything I needed to say about our wonderful peripatetic life, moving between Wales, France and Scotland in turn.

Then came the pandemic and normal life was put on hold. New responsibilities took over, especially caring for John's 96 year-old mother and our newly-acquired rescue cat, so that once travel became possible again, it just didn't happen. In any case we were older and not as fit as we used to be, and long journeys had lost their appeal. Reluctantly we put first the little Scottish bungalow, then our much-loved French cottage, on the market, and to our amazement sold each of them within days.

Now we are simply at home, firmly rooted in our beloved corner of Mid-Wales, to which we moved over half a century ago. Life is slow and quiet, but still enjoyable and, inspired by the example of a couple of blogging friends on Facebook, I think it may still be worth chronicling. Only time will tell...

16 comments:

  1. An enjoyable life is always worth chronicling. And a life with a cat will always provide material...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen. You've always been such an encouragement where blogging is concerned. Back when I first started in 2011, yours was the second comment on my very first post.

      Delete
    2. So good to see this Kathy, I know I will love following your thoughts , and hopefully managing to add some of mine to our delightful blogging community.

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Unknown Friend. It's good to be back.

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to the bloggersphere, Kathy! I've let mine slip in the past few months but I have two posts in mind which I hope to compose & publish very soon. And I look forward to future posts here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ricky. I knew you'd approve. ;) I'm not sure how this blog will develop after so long away, but it will be fun finding out.

      Delete
  3. Good to see you back and looking forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back and I'm going to enjoy catching up with people again.

      Delete
  4. Phew, made it! Couldn’t remember how to access this space but eventually my poor solitary brain cell decided to co-operate. It is not only very good to see you As it were, but also heart-warming to recognise many familiar names among the comments
    I do hope you will continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done, Ray! It took me quite some time to refamiliarise myself with the somewhat changed Blogger dashboard in order to be able to create and post on a new blog, so I know how you feel. I have every intention of continuing, though I expect it will be less frequently than in my early blogging days. Anno Domini and all that...

      Delete
  5. Thank you for your visit Kathy. I was really happy to learn that all is well with both you and your husband in Mid-Wales.
    I look forward to catching up with you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to read one of your posts again, Rosemary, and I feel sorry I've missed so many. We continue pretty well for our age, thank goodness, though everything happens rather more slowly than it did.

      Delete
  6. What a treat to hear from you Kathy, and to see your new blog. I look forward to reading more about your retirement in beautiful Wales, now that you are no longer 'perpetually in motion'. Perhaps we will see more of that cheeky cat you used to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to hear from you, Trish, and it's good to be back in blogland. I'm afraid the cheeky cat you remember was in France, but now we're no longer gadding about, we have our own lovely cat, about whom I shall certainly be blogging.

      Delete
  7. Dear blog friend, I'm very pleased to hear from you and I look forward to catching up with your news via your new blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Linda, it's lovely to be back and to be re-establishing contact with old friends. A lot has happened in the years since I stopped blogging.

      Delete

I welcome your comments and will always try to respond to them. Thank you for reading.